Planning Your Visit
Admission is free of charge.
Directions and Public Transportation
- Directions to the new Museum.
- NMHM is accessible from both the Silver Spring and Forest Glen stations on Metro's Red Line. Information online at http://www.wmata.com/.
- The Silver Spring station is approximately 2 miles from NMHM. From the station, walk north on Second Street, across 16th Street, to the intersection of Linden Lane/Seminary Road. Turn left and stay straight on Linden Lane. Cross the train tracks and NMHM is on the left.
- The Forest Glen station is approximately 1 mile from NMHM. From the station, walk south on Georgia Avenue using the pedestrian bridge over the Capital Beltway. Turn right onto Seminary Road and stay on right side through the next light, proceeding onto Linden Lane. Cross the train tracks and NMHM is on the left.
- The Museum is wheelchair- accessible. A limited number of wheelchairs may be available for loan (no charge).
- NMHM is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., including weekends and holidays. NMHM is closed on December 25.
- NMHM is located at 2500 Linden Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
- Parking is free in the Museum's lot directly off Linden Lane.
- Adult visitors may be asked to present a photo ID at the front desk of the Museum. For the safety of everyone, staff may ask to inspect backpacks and bags.